Small Cell Wireless
All applicants must have a signed license agreement with LP&L before submitting an application to attach wireless communication equipment on any pole owned by LP&L. To obtain additional information, please email LP&L Wireless Attachments Program Consultant at LPL-WirelessApp@aeparmia.com
Please follow these instructions before submitting an application. Incomplete applications will be rejected. Use the “Outage Map” feature to determine if a location is within the LP&L service area: https://electricoutage.ci.lubbock.tx.us/gridvu/.
Wireless Installation Application Process Step-by-Step Summary:
- Applicant: Download available LP&L resources and review the standards and requirements
- Download LP&L Wireless Application Process Flowchart
- Download LP&L Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Standards
- Download LP&L Pole Loading Analysis Standards
- Download LP&L Fee Schedule
- Obtain License Agreement from LP&L web site [ADD LINK (Not Finalized yet)]
- Complete all sections of Agreement.
- Submit Agreement to LP&L for execution.
- Complete Form [ADD LINK (Document 04)] through City of Lubbock’s Energv Citizen Self Service (Online): http://egovaccess.ci.lubbock.tx.us/EnerGov_Prod/selfservice/Lubbock_Prod#/home Note: Submit the Site Selection Form and required attachments for one site at a time.
- LP&L will schedule site walks for a maximum of ten (10) sites at one time.
- If a site is determined feasible, proceed to the next step.
- Complete application form (Online) [ADD LINK (Document 05)]
Note: Submit the completed Wireless Installation Application Form and required attachments for one site at a time.
- Complete Wireless Installation Pole Elevations Form
- Submit Professional Services Standard Fee payment (Note: An application is not considered “received” until the fee is paid).
- Submit evidence of submittal to ROW jurisdiction (If ROW jurisdiction is not City of Lubbock, e.g. TxDOT, submit evidence of other jurisdiction’s permit application approval).
- If application is approved, proceed to the next step.
- Applicant’s Contractor must be Approved by LP&L as a Qualified Electrical Contractor
- Fill out the Qualified Electrical Contractors Request Form
- Submit via email to LPL-WirelessApp@aeparmia.com
Program Manager: Mia Parton